Before registering for this course, it is recommended that participants attend the Fundamentals of Incident Handling course. It is also recommended that participants have the following:
- at least three to six months of incident handling experience
- an understanding of Internet services and protocols
- experience with the administration of Windows and Unix systems
- an understanding of basic programming concepts
- experience with various types of computer security attacks, response strategies, incident handling tools
It is recommended but not required that participants also have experience programming in C, Perl, Java, or similar languages.
Participants will receive a course notebook and a CD containing the course materials.
Certificate of Completion
Participants will receive a SEI–CERT branded Certificate of Completion.
CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
SEI has available the CERT-Certified Computer Security Incident Handler (CSIH) certification program. The awarding of the certification is upon application to SEI and is based on a combination of demonstrable experience plus performance in the CSIH certification examination. For further details please refer to this link.