Benefits for Individuals
- Learn about best practice in Information Security Management and apply this within your organisation.
- Realise the scope and purpose of the standard and how it can be implemented within an organisation.
- Understand the key terms and definitions used in ISO/IEC 27001 to effectively roll out the principles.
- Leverage the fundamental ISO/IEC 27001 requirements for an ISMS to address the need to continually improve.
- Recognise the purpose of internal audits and external certification audits, their operation and the associated terminology.
- Apply your knowledge to business scenarios to enhance control of information. (Practitioner qualification only)
Benefits for Organisations
- Establish a structured approach to information security management to secure information assets.
- Improve information security through adoption of best practices.
- Gain a competitive differentiator when tendering for business contracts.
- Enhance reputation with the secure management of confidential and sensitive information.
- Demonstrate compliance with an internationally recognised standard and the ability to satisfy customer security requirements.