There's no shortage of training courses to upskill your staff, whether your aim is improving their approach to IT security or perhaps how they approach running and managing projects. Courses such as SABSA, ITIL and COBIT 5 can make a substantial difference to the business once staff are certified.
Of course, you're likely wondering how staff can get started and what the best frameworks actually are. Let us break it down for you.
How can I get started with a framework?
Before we delve into what the best frameworks are and what they can offer you and your staff, it's a good idea to understand how to actually sign up and get started. It's easy, especially when you go with an accredited provider like ALC Training.
Firstly, choose the framework, then figure out how you'd like to have it taught. The options are numerous:
- At a set venue and time: Courses are held on set dates in hotels across Australia, meaning you'll only have to get your team to the event. Useful for smaller groups and if you're already based in a large city.
- At a venue and time of your choice: If you can't get staff out of the office, or perhaps you need training sooner rather than later, courses can be held directly in your office.
- Over the internet: We talk a lot about cloud technology and new tech solutions for business, so it's only fitting that courses can also be hosted online.
What framework is right for me?
There are a number of proven methodologies and frameworks available, and all of them are powerful ways of upskilling. If you're looking for yourself or for your team, consider each of the frameworks below.
- ITIL: For IT best practice, this is a framework that can enable you and your team to better understand and utilise IT within the business.
- COBIT 5: For IT governance, COBIT 5 is perfect when controlling and managing IT is an issue. Once up to speed with the framework, IT governance becomes a far less daunting prospect.
- SABSA: For risk management, SABSA can be utilised to meet a variety of enterprise needs, including the aforementioned risk management and information assurance.
There are other frameworks available, all of which can offer useful skills and knowledge. Once you've found a framework that suits your team, and a date that could work from our schedule page, either get in touch to find out more or sign up online!