CISM Training Courses and Exam Prep
CISM Resource Centre
The ISACA CISM® Certified Information Security Manager is the fastest growing and arguably the most prestigious qualification available for Information Security managers today.
CISM properly recognises that security is first and foremost a management rather than a technical issue. CISM defines the core competencies and international standards of performance that information security managers are expected to master. It provides executive management with the assurance that those who have earned their CISM have the experience and knowledge to offer effective security management and advice.
ALC offer this course as a 4-day training program is presented by tier 1 trainers. The course provides an intense environment in which participants can acquire, thoroughly and properly, the skills and knowledge expected of a world-class information security manager. In the process the course provides outstanding preparation for the CISM exam.
The CISM exam is set, conducted and marked by ISACA. All exams will be conducted online via computer-based testing centres around the world.
For more information please refer to the exams page on the ISACA website.
If you wish to book the exam with ALC and have both course and exam on the one invoice, please indicate “CISM Course + Exam” in the COMMENTS field when making your online registration and select the PAY BY INVOICE option (do not select the Pay By Card option). We will contact you with full details of what is involved.
Background to the CISM qualification.
The CISM has evolved from a comprehensive analysis of the tasks performed by, and knowledge areas that are required of, successful information security managers around the world. Five core competencies have been identified:
- Information Security Governance and Strategy
- Information Security Risk Management and Compliance
- Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Incident Management
The CISM qualification has been created to measure and validate the attainment of international standards of performance that information security managers are expected to master. It provides executive management with the assurance that those who have earned their CISM have the experience and knowledge to offer effective security management and consulting services.
Who should earn the CISM designation?
CISM is more than an entry-level certification. It is specifically developed for the information security professional who has acquired experience working on the front lines of information security. Individuals with three years or more of experience managing the information security function of an enterprise or performing such duties will find CISM tailored to their knowledge and skills.
Benefits of CISM Certification
- Recognition of attainment of advanced job skills as required for an information security professional
- Worldwide recognition as an information security manager
- Opportunity to build upon existing certifications/credentials already earned
- Provides tangible evidence of career growth
- Potential for a salary increase and/or promotion
Benefits of Training with ALC
- ALC is a specialist Australian training company focussed on providing quality education to IT professionals in business and government. Our courses offer some key benefits:
- Outstanding world-class instructors. Ultimately the calibre of the instructor is the key determinant of the effectiveness of training.
- Independence. Our courses are independently commissioned and developed to ensure maximum ongoing relevance.
- Pre-Exam Support. All participants gain exclusive access to post course support.
- Exclusive Warranty. Extensive research, development and high-level expertise has gone into the creation of our CISM® course. We back the quality of the course unreservedly, and provide a special warranty: if, for whatever reason, the unthinkable should happen and you do not pass the exam the first time, you are entitled to re-sit the entire course virtually, or any part thereof, at no charge.
Credits for Other Qualification
Credit can be given if you have other security qualifications. For example, those holding the CISA or CISSP or a post-graduate degree in information systems security or a related field qualify for a two-year experience waiver. Non security-related information system management experience or a skill based security certification such as GIAC or MCSE qualifies for a one-year experience waiver.
CISM Public Training
This 4-day training program provides an intense environment in which participants can acquire, thoroughly and properly, the skills and knowledge expected of a world-class information security manager. In the process the course provides outstanding preparation for the CISM exam.
But whether or not you intend to immediately sit for the CISM exam, this course is a powerful way to equip yourself with the knowledge of the five core competencies that define the successful information security manager.